Monday, February 13, 2012

Patience

So... patience. When I think of patience I like to think of the teacher me and the personal me. As a teacher I feel that I am very patient. Not too many people can tie 20 pairs of shoes, zip 20 coats, and smile the whole time. In my classroom I need patience, and I feel that it is a quality that comes easy to me. I wonder why this doesn't flow into my personal life.

In my personal life I am not patient AT ALL! I'm the kind of person that has to read the last chapter of a book first. Really... I do that all that time. I just need to know what's going to happen! I can't wait for it. I also like knowing what's going to happen all the time... I don't like surprises... or at least I don't like waiting for them. I have zero patience!

You may wonder why I'm thinking about patience... well, this morning I was doing my devotions and it was all on being patient... maybe God's trying to teach me something (as always)! Anyway, I read Acts 1:1-4. In verse four Jesus says, "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about." Hmmm... WAIT, huh? The disciples are instructed by Jesus to wait for the Holy Spirit. Jesus gives them what they need, but they have to wait for it. I feel that Jesus does the same with me... (even though I don't want to admit it) He has great blessings to give me, but I need to wait for them... I just need to be patient... I just need to be patient... I just need to be patient... I'll keep working on it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment