Monday, February 13, 2012

Let Go and Let God

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10

I have read this verse numerous time, but haven't spent a great deal of time reflecting on it. What I have come to enjoy about it is that Jesus keeps talking... He could have ended the verse by saying, I have come that they may have life." But He doesn't end here... He goes on to say, "... and have it to the full."

What do you think it means to have life and live to the full?


I believe that living life to the full means giving up control of your own life, surrendering all hopes and dreams to God... fully. I believe that you cannot truly experience life to it's fullest until you are completely relying on God for everything. For example, think about taking a wild car ride with some friends. What makes the ride more exciting? The fact that you have no idea where you are going! If you are driving, you know when the turns are coming and which direction to go. It's not a wild ride if you are the one driving.


I believe that this is how it works with our life and God. Life is not as exciting and enjoyable if we are driving and in control of it. Now this is a concept that I completely understand, but for me (who loves to control my life) I am always a work in progess, and God will continue to show me how to trust in Him.


The enjoyable parts of life are when we are surprised by what is happening around us... and what better surprises than those God gives to us... spend today being surprised by God... and live life to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! This is an amazing post...so true! God has a perfect plan, and we just have to put all of our trust in Him to be free. (:

    Visit my blogs at framedbygod.blogspot.com (photography)
    alliesmission.blogspot.com (my faith)

    ReplyDelete